Map Manager Error - Fault Code 400 - Invalid URL

08-16-2013 08:29 AM
MattShetzer
New Contributor
I've been chasing this problem for a couple of weeks now, and can't seem to figure it out.

A couple of times a day, users receive the following error:

MapManager
MY LAYER failed to load: Fault code:400
Fault info: Unable to complete operation
Fault details: Invalid URL

When the user reloads the site, all works just fine.  There are many services running and called in this SFV (v2.5 with Server 10.0) and the errors are not consistent with just one service.  Some days no errors, other days some errors, but a reload of the site always fixes the issue.

Any thoughts on how to eliminate this error or what is causing it.

Thanks
Matt Shetzer
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Might there be too heavy a load on your ArcGIS Server, as you say you have many services.  I use free-software called 123LogAnalyzer to get me a rough idea on how often my AGS services are being hit.

I'm not sure if the 123LogAnalyzer will be able to determine too heavy a load, but can you shut down some services (not sure if this is possible in your production environment) and see if the problem still continues.
0 Kudos
MattShetzer
New Contributor
Thank you for the suggestion.  I will try that and update the post.

Matt

Might there be too heavy a load on your ArcGIS Server, as you say you have many services.  I use free-software called 123LogAnalyzer to get me a rough idea on how often my AGS services are being hit.

I'm not sure if the 123LogAnalyzer will be able to determine too heavy a load, but can you shut down some services (not sure if this is possible in your production environment) and see if the problem still continues.
0 Kudos