Moved flex app to test server, now legend widget does not display layers.

01-14-2015 09:52 AM
matthewweber
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I recently moved a copy of my flex app from one server to another. All files have been verified to have copied correctly. Everything looks identical, save for changes to the pathing for the new server. All other widgets, layers, and features work correctly. I am stumped. The test server was refreshed after I added in the crossdomain.xml...so the config .xml looks good, the server is running fine, I just don't know where else to go looking for answers. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

Matthew Weber

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Is it public so I can look at the issue?

0 Kudos
matthewweber
New Contributor III

Unfortunately no. It's an internal tool for a state agency. So yeah, I don't even know how much help anyone can give without peeking under the hood...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Since it is not public the only advice I can give is to use a HTTP tool like fiddler and see if anything is coming back http status 400

matthewweber
New Contributor III

On no! New software does not go down well here...I am a consultant and do not even have access to update flash on my desktop (ironic since they hired me in part to help develop flex webmaps). I pulled up the developers console in Firefox to check network activity and there were no errors. Would Fiddler give me something that the developer console does not for this issue? If so I can pitch the case to my clients to let me purchase/download it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

No I guess the developers console in Firefox will do. Are you looking at the Network tab? Fiddler is a free app.

matthewweber
New Contributor III

Yeah I'm looking at the network tab. I saw that Fiddler is free, and unfortunately that makes middle managers more likely to say no than if it was $1000. It took me weeks of fighting to get Google Earth installed

I'm starting to think it has to do with the test server environment. I just found out that the last time it was used was 2012! The crossdomain.xml had mysteriously disappeared off that server years ago, so I wonder what else went missing...

0 Kudos