Pictometry Oblique Photos in FlexViewer Application

10-09-2013 07:08 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
To All FlexViewer Users and Developers:

Is there any way to incorporate Pictometry oblique imagery into a FlexViewer application?  Are there any widgets out there that can perform this task?

Any assistance on this topic is greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
To All FlexViewer Users and Developers:

Is there any way to incorporate Pictometry oblique imagery into a FlexViewer application?  Are there any widgets out there that can perform this task?

Any assistance on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Were you thinking of something like Bird's Eye view or something like a widget where the user selects a point on the map and it returns the Oblique image? There's a few ways to do something like this, depending on how much coverage you have.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
I work for a county and we have coverage for the entire county.  We will also be getting another complete coverage of obliques in the coming year, so a web app to compare the obliques would be great.  I would like a widget where the user selects a point on the map and it returns the Oblique image.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
GISDEV01:

Is my request possible in the FlexViewer application?
0 Kudos
GISDev1
GISDEV01:

Is my request possible in the FlexViewer application?

Yes, it is.
It will depend on you data, the attribute fields, and metadata of your oblique imagery for how you would implement this.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Can you explain in more detail, or at least show me links to documentation, on how I would try to implement this Pictometry oblique imagery setup in a FlexViewer app?
0 Kudos
GISDev1
Can you explain in more detail, or at least show me links to documentation, on how I would try to implement this Pictometry oblique imagery setup in a FlexViewer app?

I don't believe there is any docs on this implementation at this time. Your implementation would depend on many things that depend on your current data. Such as:

1. Do you have multiple angles of one Point of Interest (POI)? In other words, is there multiple images that are taken from different flight paths such as vertical and horizontal flight paths with imagery taken from both the port and starboard.

2. What attribute fields are provided with each imagery tile? Such as the Azimuth Angle of image taken, etc.

You can query the map-point that the user might click, send it to an intersect function of your image footprints and send the image that has been intersected, but things get more complicated if there's multiple angles of one POI.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
So there currently is no configurable widget that would allow you to display oblique images at a user clicked location?  This functionality would need to be custom built?
0 Kudos
GISDev1
So there currently is no configurable widget that would allow you to display oblique images at a user clicked location?  This functionality would need to be custom built?

As far as I know, that is correct. There is no current widget for this workflow.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michael,

GISinc developed a widget for Bayfield County back in the Flex Viewer 1.3 days http://gisinc.com/brag-book/projects/pictometry-widget/. You can see the widget in action at http://www.bayfieldcounty.org/map This is not something that GISinc shared online but this does show that they can do the same for you. I would also talk to your Pictometry rep. and see if they have developed a widget.
0 Kudos