Support for alternate URL parameters?

Jump to solution
04-17-2013 11:13 AM
JonathonMerrick
New Contributor III
Currently, I am using the natively supported URL Parameter with the following syntax to zoom to the centroid of a polygonal feature (tax parcel) using the most recent pre-compiled flex viewer.
...hostname/mapservice/index.html?center=-9489513.3906416,5214676.87622923&scale=500

This is well and good but it requires me to regularly update the link tables when the feature geometry changes.  I'd rather use the Parcel ID to do so, example below, but cannot find support for this.  I know folks have been talking about this for a while but I was unsure if ESRI ever made this a native function.
...hostname/mapservice/index.html?PIN=1234-12-123-1
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jonathon,

In Flex Viewer 3.2 this is possible by using the url search parameter.

...hostname/mapservice/index.html?search=1234-12-123-1

As long as you have configured the geocoder tag in the HeaderControllerWidget to use a mapservice.

See doc here, and look for <mapservices>:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Header_Controller_widget_tags/0...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jonathon,

In Flex Viewer 3.2 this is possible by using the url search parameter.

...hostname/mapservice/index.html?search=1234-12-123-1

As long as you have configured the geocoder tag in the HeaderControllerWidget to use a mapservice.

See doc here, and look for <mapservices>:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Header_Controller_widget_tags/0...
0 Kudos
JonathonMerrick
New Contributor III
Robert,

Thank you so much for the guidance.  This worked like a charm.
On another subject, I am having trouble getting your v3.2 identify widget to work correctly.  Where should I post those questions?

Regards,
Jon
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jon,

You should start a new thread and post your IndentifyWidget.xml file as an attachment to that thread (either zipped or as a txt file).

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow these steps as shown in the below graphic:

0 Kudos