Custom Printing Addin Not Showing in Builder

Jump to solution
02-01-2012 04:54 AM
ChrisPyle
New Contributor II
Hi all,
First off, just want to say I like the design & flexibility of the viewer.  I've successfully created a few simple add-ins following the extensibility samples so far w/out problems.

However, I just took the MapPrinting control developed by Dominique Broux (http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e361c2cc69784fcba34358d0458f66e3) and put it into an addin - it works great in my local Visual Studio environment, but once I compile the XAP and upload it into Builder, the new tool doesn't show up in the list of addin tools.  No errors are thrown, but the tool simply doesn't show up.  If I manually add the tool to a generated App's Tools.xml configuration on the server, no errors are thrown, and the tool just doesn't load.

I'm guessing that since it references the MapPrintingControls.dll, that might have something to do with it - as that's about the only difference I can see between this tool and the others I've done that show up in the builder successfully.  I've checked the references, and the "Copy Local" is set to true, and if I open up the XAP file that I upload to the Builder, I can see the referenced dll is included in it.

Anyway, I've run out of ideas for the moment, if anyone can suggest anything else to check, I'd appreciate it.  Does the Builder have any logs that might provide clues?

Thanks,
  -Chris Pyle, San Diego Data Processing
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPyle
New Contributor II
I figured it out - just needed another cup of coffe I guess.

The MapPrintingControls.dll also needed a reference to System.Windows.Controls.Toolkit - including it in the XAP build and ignoring the upload warning on the duplicate assemblies fixed it, must be a slightly different version of the Toolkit, which makes sense.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisPyle
New Contributor II
I figured it out - just needed another cup of coffe I guess.

The MapPrintingControls.dll also needed a reference to System.Windows.Controls.Toolkit - including it in the XAP build and ignoring the upload warning on the duplicate assemblies fixed it, must be a slightly different version of the Toolkit, which makes sense.

-Chris
0 Kudos