ArcGIS Workflow Manager "Standard" Server license at 11.1

Jump to solution
11-16-2023 08:10 PM
anbinh
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Community,

Is there an ArcGIS Workflow Manager "Standard" Server license at 11.1?

Esri says "User Type extension includes Workflow Manager Server Standard by default". We have installed ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server, and have licensed the WM user type extension, but it still says "requirements missing" when trying to configure the server as Workflow Manager Server with portal. 

Just wondering if we still need a license file (e.g., ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server Standard) to authorise the server? If so, I don't see it in our MyEsri (Esri Australia). Although I see we have ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server Advanced license, but we only need standard capabilities. If not, am I missing any steps to configure the server as workflow manager server?

Much appreciate if anyone can help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TiffanyWeintraub
Esri Contributor

Hello @anbinh,

Yes, you will need to authorize the license for the Workflow Manager Server. I would confirm with your CSR or Account Manager on which level of the Workflow Manager Server you are authorized for and ensure the correct license file is added to MyEsri for you. If it turns out you have access to the Workflow Manager Server Advanced capability server license file, you can authorize that one which will include all Standard functionality as well as the Advanced capabilities. The installation is the same for both so you do not have to start over.

One point of clarification about the message 'User Type extension includes Workflow Manager Server Standard by default': This is true for those that purchase the Workflow Manager user type extension for 11.1 and earlier. When you are issued the Workflow Manager user type extensions, you should also be issued the Workflow Manager Server Standard capability server license.

The license model has changed with the ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 release and we have removed the Workflow Manager user type extension requirement. So when you are ready to move to 11.2, the only license that you will have to authorize is for the Workflow Manager Server.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Tiffany

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TiffanyWeintraub
Esri Contributor

Hello @anbinh,

Yes, you will need to authorize the license for the Workflow Manager Server. I would confirm with your CSR or Account Manager on which level of the Workflow Manager Server you are authorized for and ensure the correct license file is added to MyEsri for you. If it turns out you have access to the Workflow Manager Server Advanced capability server license file, you can authorize that one which will include all Standard functionality as well as the Advanced capabilities. The installation is the same for both so you do not have to start over.

One point of clarification about the message 'User Type extension includes Workflow Manager Server Standard by default': This is true for those that purchase the Workflow Manager user type extension for 11.1 and earlier. When you are issued the Workflow Manager user type extensions, you should also be issued the Workflow Manager Server Standard capability server license.

The license model has changed with the ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 release and we have removed the Workflow Manager user type extension requirement. So when you are ready to move to 11.2, the only license that you will have to authorize is for the Workflow Manager Server.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Tiffany

PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

since the WFM user type extension has been removed in 11.2, what are the requirements for a named user to be able to use WFM ?

Will a viewer, editor, mobile worker, creator or GIS professional be able to manager jobs regarding his named user rights ? Like a viewer will see jobs, an editor will run jobs, a creator will create jobs and a GIS Pro will run jobs inside ArcPro without additional license ?

0 Kudos
anbinh
by
Occasional Contributor

Turns out that my organisation is missing ArcGIS Workflow Manager "Standard" license in our MyEsri profile. for some reason.

We have ArcGIS Workflow Manager "Advanced" license in our profile. I have tried just using the Advanced license for now and authorised the server using this license, with the user type extension previously having been licensed and assigned, I now can configure the server role to be "Workflow Manager Server". 

My organisation CSR admin will add the missing "Standard" license back to our MyEsri, then the licensing process should work just the same as "Advanced" license.

0 Kudos