Workforce Search Engine not bring back any results no matter what I try. Can type the address in but does not return or seem to be doing anything

07-23-2019 01:58 AM
JennaChisholm
New Contributor

I have set up a basic workforce project and when I go to search the map by typing in the address search engine it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have seen this has been an issue for a few people, has anyone managed to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you pressing enter/return after you type in your search term? You need to press enter for the search to return features in the map. This is different than the search suggestions which show up as you type. This is something we'd like to address in a future update since it has come up before.

0 Kudos
JennaChisholm
New Contributor

yes I am pressing enter and still nothing pulling back, is there something I have to set up or maybe I have set up wrong?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jenna,

Are other aspects of Search within Workforce working for you?  Can you search other workers or assignments?

When you search for the same address in ArcGIS Online Map Viewer, does it return the expected results?

Craig

0 Kudos
JennaChisholm
New Contributor

Hi Craig,

Yes the other search functions are working perfectly fine and it is working great on Map Viewer also, so not to sure what is going on?

Thanks

Jen

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jenna, can you invite me to the project as a dispatcher?  Use my named user craig_sp and let me know what address what you're searching for and I can take a look.

Craig

0 Kudos
JennaChisholm
New Contributor

Hi Craig,

I have added you as a dispatcher, and it is 8 Inchmurrin Avenue, but I have tried multiple different addresses and still no further forward.

Thanks

Jen

0 Kudos
JamieDoherty
New Contributor II

Hi Craig

Can I ask if you have had a chance to look into the issues above for Jenna please?  I am due to show case the ease of creating a workforce project tomorrow afternoon and it would be great to have this available

Thanks for your help

Jamie (Jenna's LM) Craig Gillgrass

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jamie, Jenna, I have not been able to look at this issue yet - will try and take a look today.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jenna, Jamie,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue - when I open the Workforce project and search for 8 Inchmurrin Avenue, it returns the address.

What browser are you using?  And what version is it and which OS?

thanks,

0 Kudos