ArcPad 10 and AshTech MobileMapper 100

05-29-2011 04:02 AM
LukaszB_
New Contributor
I've got AshTech MobileMapper 100 and today I've installed demo of ArcPad 10. I don't know how to connect ArcPad 10 with GPS receiver in AshTech. Which port and which protocol to use?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Lucasz,

You can use the Find GPS utility in ArcPad to determine the correct COM port, baud rate, etc for the GPS receiver you are using. After opening ArcPad on the AshTech MobileMapper 100 device, select Options from Main toolbar > select GPS Preferences to open GPS Preferences dialog window.In ArcPad GPS Preferences, use the Find GPS functionality (search or  �??binoculars�?� button) to search for the right COM port and baud for your GPS receiver.

You need to make sure that your GPS is connected and turned on  so the Find GPS tool can detect your GPS. The Port and Baud dropdown lists will  be updated as the Find GPS tool searches for a connected GPS. Once a GPS has  been detected you will be prompted to choose the GPS and use the corresponding  settings. I believe the correct settings for the MobileMapper 100 when using NMEA is COM2 and 9600 Baud.

Another helpful resource is the MobileMapper 100 and ArcPad 10 configuration note from Ashtech. I have included it below for your convenience.
ftp://ftp.ashtech.com/Mobile%20Mapping/MobileMapper%20100/Applications%20notes/MobileMapper%20100%20...

Enjoy ArcPad!
Denise
0 Kudos