How to use intermediate gps driver with Arcpad

05-31-2011 07:54 AM
VehaLa
by
New Contributor II
Dear All kind forum users,

I have download trial ArcPad 10 and could successfully install it in my Windows PC and Windows Mobile (in mobile phone: Sony Ericsson).

However, i could not get my built-in GPS in Sony Ericsson work with the ArcPad. I tried to surf the internet and found one post at http://forums.esri.com/thread.asp?c=34&f=2366&t=294332#917964 stated that ArcPad could work with intermediate GPS driver (but there is no detailed instruction).

Could anyone give help me with this problem? Because I am in the process of testing ArcPad 10 for my GIS project.

Thanks a lot in advance, and hope someone could help me out...

Sky
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Veha,

We would need more information to help you work through this challenge. What Sony Ericsson Windows Mobile phone do you have? It is helpful if you can provide the URL to the specifications sheet for the device. Have you configured the GPS Settings on the device via Start > Settings > System > External GPS? Under Program tab, what is the GPS program port listed? Under Hardware tab, what is GPS hardware port? Baud rate? Under Access tab, is the checkbox for 'Manage GPS automatically' checked? Are you able to use the GPS functionality in any other application? What COM port and Baud Rate does that application use?

If you are current on ArcPad maintenance, please consider submitting a support request so that you can speak with an analyst who can help you troubleshoot this issue further. You can submit support requests via phone, email, webform, and chat options on Esri Support site.

Cheers,
Denise
0 Kudos