ArcPad duplicates geometry

10-19-2011 01:16 PM
IngridHogle
Occasional Contributor
We've been experiencing this really odd problem where, while using GPS to collect new features, ArcPad will duplicate the geometry of a previous feature when creating a new one. This is happening for point, line and polygon features. The attributes are being maintained correctly, but the two features share the exact same geometry (and should not). Any help on how this could be happening or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JuanLuera
Occasional Contributor III
I would look into seeing if this happens with a new file created on the mobile device. Then I would check out just one of the feature classes from within your geodatabase, to see if this is reproducable with this single dataset on the mobile device. If these thoughts don't isolate the issue, you are always welcome to open a incident with support with me on this issue. We can then troubleshoot this better and attempt to correct the issue.
0 Kudos
IngridHogle
Occasional Contributor
Hi Juan, Thanks for the ideas! I'm a little hesitant to try them, though, as this duplicate geometry thing happens very rarely (maybe 1 out of 1,000 features) so I think we might spend a lot of time trying to reproduce the problem without it actually happening. But we can give it a try for a little while. Meanwhile, great idea to try to open an incident! I'll do this. Thanks again!
0 Kudos