ArcPad Street Map Data Extractor fails

12-08-2011 01:12 PM
JustinGentle
New Contributor
I am having trouble completing the data extraction process for ArcPad Street Maps.  After selecting the area and extracting the extractor stops on step 3 "Geo Code Index Extractor".  No error is given.
The error occurs with small and large datasets.
Any help would be apprecitated.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimHopper
Occasional Contributor III
David,

A few questions regarding your DDA issue:

1. Are you using the DDA.exe that shipped with ArcPad 10.0, found in the "ArcPad 10.0 StreetMap Data" folder?

2. Does your data reside in the "StreetMap_Premium_NA_v11.3_Mobile_for_ArcPad" folder?

3. When you start the DDA, are you only adding the streets.sdc layer, or have you tried many different layers?

4. What options are you using in the "Extraction options" screen?

5. If you're just adding individual layers to the DDA, try opening the _navi_na.navmap file and attempt to extract all of the data for a small location.

6. Are you running the DDA directly from the DVD or have you copied the contents of the DVD to your computer?  I've seen an issue pop up a few times over the years (not working correctly when run from DVD/CD but runs appropriately from the desktop) but I recently worked with a customer who was able to complete the process for v10.0 directly from the DVD.  If you're running it from the DVD, try copying the DDA.exe and data to your computer and run it from there.
0 Kudos
JustinGentle
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply

1. I went to the download area on our account and re downloaded the ArcPad Street maps from the ESRI customer care area.  This download is the only version that we have.
I am using the DDA.exe dated 5/26/2009 found in the "ArcPad 10 StreetMap Premium Tele Atlas N AMER\DDA" folder

2. the data resides in the folder "ArcPad 10 StreetMap Premium Tele Atlas N AMER"

3. I have included all of the layers within the _navi_na.navmap file.
Even if I uncheck most of the layers the extractor always stops when trying to build the streets.bxx index

4. I have tried all of the different combiniations of options when trying to extract.

5. the _navi_na.navmap file is the only layers I have tried opening.

6. I am running the DDA directly from the C: .  I have also tried running it at different levels of admin rights.
0 Kudos