Quick Project Template

05-16-2012 10:49 AM
JimJolley
New Contributor
I created 4 Quick Projects templates successfully.  However, when a Quick Project is created, the user does not have the choice to "keep layers from current map" using any of the 4 templates.  The default template gives the user the choice.  How can the 4 new templates be made to have the choice to "keep layers from current map".
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GarethWalters
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Jim,

My thoughts are that the templates were thought of as self contained projects, whereas the QuickProject allows for a set of customisable data to be created in the field. However, we will raise an enhancement request so it is on the list, but its a long list 🙂

Thanks for you thoughts.

Cheers,

Gareth
0 Kudos
emelinerenz1
New Contributor II
Was this functionality ever implemented?

We have the need to distribute a template for gathering data to our clients, who would all have different base layers but would have one common set of feature classes/shapefiles to edit. We need to be able to open a Quick Project template with the editable layers ON TOP of a "basemap" map. Why have this option if it is not able to be activated for any quick template?

Please explain how I might be able to enable this option when using a quick template.

Thanks,
emeline
0 Kudos