ArcReaderHost.exe has stopped working

10-11-2011 05:16 AM
DanSisco
New Contributor
Routinely get message "ArcReaderHost.exe has stopped working".  Once acknowledged the program closes.

The program was developed with vb.net 2008 and uses the ArcReaderControl (9.3.1 sp2).  We have it installed on 11 field laptops (win7)...error occurs intermittently on all of them.  Does not seem to be related to any single action.  Occasionaly the error will even pop up while the unit is running but not being used.  One user told me he had not had any trouble with it for 3 days and yesterday it crashed 8 or 9 times.????

I cannot find any info related to this error.  Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?  I'd appreciate any help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have you ever found a solution for this problem od do you have a clue why this is happening?

Regards,
Christian
0 Kudos
DanSisco
New Contributor
No I have not yet found a solution, and unfortunately I still have no clue as to why it happens.

Have you encountered the same problem?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, I have the same problem with a software I have written for my company using the ArcReaderControl component in a Windows Forms application (written in C#). I'm getting this message sporadically when closing a document.

Systems used for testing:

ArcReader 10.1
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows Vista 32-bit

Regards,
Christian
0 Kudos