Custom ArcReader Spatial Query + other side questions :-)

08-09-2012 05:10 AM
JanuszStozek1
New Contributor
Hi Everyone,

I have a two fold question regards to the spatial query functionality of the Custom ArcReader I have built. I'm using visual express 2010 with vb.net (3.5 .net framework) on a win 7 machine and I was able to get the spatial query with datagridview to work. At the moment when I go to the data view that I want the spatial query obtain and select spatial query button. It will generate 1 record per feature. So if I have 80 or 400 records to cycle through it will be a tedious task. How can I group them logically?

Is there a way, when I use the spatial query to select a specific layer (right now it cycles through every layer it sees) on parcel layer (or select parcel layer that contained 20 parcels id) and it populates 20 records into a datagrid at a time instead of 1 records out of 20 records for that layer?

I believe it can be done I just not seeing how I can loop through that layer of interest. Anyone has a code or custom app that does this trick? I seen the attribute, spatial, map tools and other sources even spent hours on Google and couldn't find any samples)

Other side questions:
1) Layer List - Transparency/swap layer - how can I set the transparency and swap layers?
2) Highlight  tool - How can I select a red marker, thickness and do markings. I couldn't get that to work.
3) Screen size - how can I through programming can re-size screen size on other machines automatically without resizing the custom app for every individual computer screen?
4) Map scale - how do I code to change the scale?
5) Status bar at the bottom of the AxArcReader viewer showing the lat/long as well as page size in inches?
6) Bookmark - How exactly does it work? I can't figure out the trick behind it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Willing to trade other code solutions for any code that I can't figure out. Especially for the Spatial Query problem.

Thank you,

Janusz
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JanuszStozek1
New Contributor
Got Spatial Query problem figured out...

I was wondering about if anyone had those side questions figured out...

Thanks
0 Kudos
JanuszStozek1
New Contributor
I solved other issues and been stuck on those questions. I'm looking for vb.net code samples that can do these following things..

1) Layer List - Transparency/swap layer - how can I set the transparency and swap layers? - I can't find the code.
2) Ink/Highlight tool - How can I select a red marker, thickness and do markings. I couldn't get that to work.
3) Screen size - how can I through programming can re-size screen size on other machines automatically without resizing the custom app for every individual computer screen?

Any guidance or help me steer in the right direction..

Thanks for reading,

Janusz
0 Kudos