Publisher extension - not authorized for EDN?

09-28-2012 04:39 AM
LeeHarding
New Contributor III
How can one test Publisher / ArcReader?

We have EDN, quite useful, yet that extension reports "not authorized" when I try to enable for a desktop install. Just want to test since a user here had experience with ArcReader in the past, and see if it fits here. Rather than maybe uninstall my entire dev machine and re-install and see if it is authorize-able, which I doubt, I figured I'd ask someone may have had similar experience.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeeHarding
New Contributor III
Well, I've done the obvious by contacting support to see about how to authorize the extension.

...and here's my keycode from support in my email!

And, at a minimum, I've kicked up the activity here for this product. A new planner here thought it a good fit as the .mxds for their 2 base maps, FLU and zoning, are quite complex, and this would simplify their zoom in and print requests. Other users there are casual at best, so this product may be a good fit, as ol' ArcView version 1 was back in the day. We do ArcGIS javascript API apps on server, but replicating the official map look and feel would be tedious.
0 Kudos
JanuszStozek
New Contributor
To my understanding, at the very least you have to have 1 Basic ArcDesktop suite license (to create and save .mxd) with Publisher license (to publish .pmf files). If you want the hyperlinks to work you need the VBA resources license to do it.

You will need to re-write (code) the ArcReader application either in .Net or C++ (Visual Studio).
Yeah I can see where tedious part will be 🙂
0 Kudos