Rasters fail to redraw when zoomed in using Arc Reader 10

09-19-2012 03:59 AM
BRoss
by
New Contributor
I have published a map doument in Publisher 9.2 and have a client who can open the document successfully in Arc Reader 10. On initial viewing the raster OS backdrop is drawn correctly. However, when they attempt to zoom in to a larger scale the raster data fails to redraw. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix the problem? If they zoom out the data redraws perfectly. Iitally I thought there may be a threshold set, but on checking this is not the case

I have opened the document and zoomed in and out with Arc Reader 9.2, so is this an known issue with Arc Reader 10.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JanuszStozek
New Contributor
I have seen similar issues to this with 9.3.1 versions when opening up in version 10 or 10.1 versions of ArcReader.

My advice is to keep the version the same across all platforms. There are known bugs when you are viewing maps created by older version (backward compatibility issues). I use 10.1 of Arc Desktop and ArcReader and I have no issues with Rasters.

Similar idea applies to Office 2007 versus 2003. There are some things may not work due to their limitations. That is why it's better to keep your programs up to date or newer...
0 Kudos