Automatically convert CAD drwaings to Geodatabase

07-11-2022 02:56 AM
Labels (3)
HJSchneidt
New Contributor II

Hi, I´m astonished that the ability to automatically convert CAD drawings to geodatabase in Pro 3.0. has been removed. Why? It makes my everyday work unnecessary more complicated.

Or do I miss something here?

8 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you please clarify what your workflow was in previous Pro versions where you feel this functionality has been removed?

0 Kudos
HJSchneidt
New Contributor II

It seems that the CAD option has been removed in 3.0

Here is the 2.8 equivalent which I can't find anymore. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/help/data/cad/cad-options.htm

HJSchneidt_0-1657560493023.png

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can someone from ESRI answer if there is an alternate workflow in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 that has not been indicated in the ArcGIS Pro road map?  I will be working on a project where this capability is needed and this would keep the project at ArcGIS Pro 2.9 instead of upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 3.0.

0 Kudos
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User - Wasn't sure who else to direct this to - any comments/ideas?

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
0 Kudos
CiciXiao
Esri Contributor

You can use the GP tool - CAD to Geodatabase - to complete the same workflow of converting CAD files to a geodatabase

0 Kudos
jtermaaten
New Contributor

We noticed the same behavior, sadly. After some discussion and research with Esri, an enhancement request has been created to reintroduce this in a new version. It is connected to the bug ENH-000153059: ArcGIS Pro 3.0 does not have the option "On adding new layer to map, convert CAD feature class to project geodatabase"

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor
0 Kudos
HJSchneidt
New Contributor II

Hope it's soon back as an conversion option on Pro startup.

0 Kudos