Error Generating Census Report for Imported Shapefile

Jump to solution
07-25-2013 07:25 AM
JeffTriezenberg
New Contributor
I am trying to import a zipped shapefile for our old corporate limits.  It was fairly complex, so I simplified it (lots of satellites and detailed jogs).  However, even after simplifying it, I get it imported and it shows correctly on the basemap, but when I try to generate a report for the area (Other than a Site Map), I get the following:

An error occurred while executing bundle 'com.esri.loc.ui.reportsPage.standardReports':
Internal error during data calculations.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Sure...here you go.

Jeff

Jeff,

Looks like the issue with your shapefile was due to the projection it happened to be in.  BAO is very finicky with projections and looks your shapefile was in AD_1983_StatePlane_North_Carolina_FIPS_3200_Feet.  I used the Project GP tool to create a version in GCS_North_American_1983 and it uploaded fine into BAO and I could run a report on it.  I have attached it in a .zip attached so give it a try and see if cooperates for you.

Regards,
Jason R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
I am trying to import a zipped shapefile for our old corporate limits.  It was fairly complex, so I simplified it (lots of satellites and detailed jogs).  However, even after simplifying it, I get it imported and it shows correctly on the basemap, but when I try to generate a report for the area (Other than a Site Map), I get the following:

An error occurred while executing bundle 'com.esri.loc.ui.reportsPage.standardReports':
Internal error during data calculations.

Jeff,

I would probably need to take a look at it to see what is going on with your shapefile there.  Can you zip it up and attach it to a reply here?

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
JeffTriezenberg
New Contributor
Sure...here you go.

Jeff
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Sure...here you go.

Jeff

Jeff,

Looks like the issue with your shapefile was due to the projection it happened to be in.  BAO is very finicky with projections and looks your shapefile was in AD_1983_StatePlane_North_Carolina_FIPS_3200_Feet.  I used the Project GP tool to create a version in GCS_North_American_1983 and it uploaded fine into BAO and I could run a report on it.  I have attached it in a .zip attached so give it a try and see if cooperates for you.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos