ArcSDE 10 for Oracle on Linux : Listener Configuration Problems

07-27-2012 06:23 AM
DavidJacques
New Contributor
We have 2 ArcSDE 10.0 services on Red Hat Linux 5 set up on the same server. (Server "A")
We have 2 Oracle instances also the same server (Server "A")

1 is 10g (10.2.0.4.0) seabed_sde

1 is 11g (11.2.0.1.0) corp_sde

(A 3rd Party application we need uses  the seabed_sde service and the highest supported RDBMS is Oracle10g.
  Otherwise we would have had both instances be 11g).

Everything was running fine (so it seemed), until I attempted to use st_geometry calls via SQL plus on the 11g (corp_sde) service.

Is there any way to configure the Oracle listener (extProc) so that st_geometry calls to both ArcSDE 10 services will work ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TravisVal
New Contributor III
What's the error that you are getting when you attempt to use st_geometry with your 11g service.

I am assuming that you have two homes, do you also have two listeners?  Do you have both these services trying to access the same ST_ShapeLib.dll?
0 Kudos
DavidJacques
New Contributor
What's the error that you are getting when you attempt to use st_geometry with your 11g service.

I am assuming that you have two homes, do you also have two listeners?  Do you have both these services trying to access the same ST_ShapeLib.dll?

We have two homes, one listener.  .

The standard check sql statement from the documentation....

select SDE.ST_Geometry('point(-94.550851 27.833014)',4) from dual;

produces this...

ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Error loading external library
ORA-06522: libclntsh.so.11.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ORA-06512: at "SDE.ST_GEOMETRY_SHAPELIB_PKG", line 12
ORA-06512: at "SDE.ST_GEOMETRY", line 55
06520. 00000 -  "PL/SQL: Error loading external library"
*Cause:    An error was detected by PL/SQL trying to load the external
           library dynamically.
*Action:   Check the stacked error (if any) for more details.
0 Kudos
TravisVal
New Contributor III
You should be able to set up two different entries into you listener.ora file.  Here is an old Oracle thread that I found on it.

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=109698&tstart=2160

I would try setting up the 10g extproc first, and then trying to set up the 11g extproc through the hs\admin\extproc.ora file.  I don't know if that will work through.  You may have to set them both up through the listener. 

Let us know how it goes.
0 Kudos