Create Enterprise Geodatabase (Merged Threads)

08-01-2011 07:09 AM
MattCharton
New Contributor III
It looks like the Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool is not working for me.  It's the "Authorization File" input that's causing the problem.  If I manually attempt to browse and add my authorization file, it doesn't show up.  It looks as though the prvc is not a supported file type in the dialog.  I can't even add the path to the prvc in the textbox without it giving me an "Invalid file type" error. 

Am I doing something dumb or is this a bug?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BadrinarayanaLakkur
New Contributor
If you've already authorized ArcGIS Server in your environment, you can use the keycodes file from that machine to authorize the geodatabase.  You can find the keycodes file here: C:\program files (x86)\esri\license10.1\sysgen, copy it to a temp location, rename it to keycodes.ecp and browse to it.
0 Kudos
SimonMorgan
Occasional Contributor III
Where do I get the authorization file from to create a new enterprise geodatabase? I went to authorization and provisioning on the customer care portal and generated a file but the provisioning files don't show up when you browse for them fromt he GP tool.
0 Kudos
SimonMorgan
Occasional Contributor III
Where do I get the authorization file from to create a new enterprise geodatabase? I went to authorization and provisioning on the customer care portal and generated a file but the provisioning files don't show up when you browse for them fromt he GP tool.

My apologies, i did not search before posting, found the solution here:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/36050-arcgisbeta10_1
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Boy, you guys are loaded with little tips and tricks.
0 Kudos
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor
You should be able to get an authorization file from the following link:
https://customers.esri.com/index.cfm?event=pub.ecpAuthorizations

There is a software bug logged for this for 10.1 beta 1 (NIM071457 - The Enable Enterprise Geodatabase tool requires an ECP file however there is no documented way for customers to acquire this file type.)
0 Kudos