How to use same color bar range for different raster layers?

Jump to solution
04-08-2012 01:29 PM
AlperOnen
New Contributor
Hello, I have a question.

I have a region with some daily rainfall data as overlaying raster files. I will have to show these rasters together with the same colorbar range (stretched symbology) so it can make some visual sense.

i.e. My day 1 has color bar range 30-0
Day 2 has 45 - 0
Day 3 has 10 -0

I want to apply a color range for i.e. 45-0 to all raster layers and change their colors accordingly so they can be visually comparable. I am not asking to change labels, I am asking to change the whole rasters wrt a single max recorded rainfall value for all daily layers.

Thanks in advance.
Al
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PatrickTaurman
Occasional Contributor III
What you will need to do is create a raster with the range of values you want (if you don't have one already), set the symbology you want, and then save it out as a layer file.  You will then need to import the symbology from the layer file for all the rasters you want symbolized this way.  This will get them showing the same colors for the same values regardless of the range of values in each raster.

Patrick

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlperOnen
New Contributor
Umm hello?
0 Kudos
PatrickTaurman
Occasional Contributor III
What you will need to do is create a raster with the range of values you want (if you don't have one already), set the symbology you want, and then save it out as a layer file.  You will then need to import the symbology from the layer file for all the rasters you want symbolized this way.  This will get them showing the same colors for the same values regardless of the range of values in each raster.

Patrick
AlperOnen
New Contributor
Thank you Patrick, that did the trick.
0 Kudos