Is the Census Tract Data updated to Census 2010?

10-27-2011 08:33 AM
ZacharyVernon
New Contributor
I've recently started using Address Coder to geocode and add Blockgroup and tract information.  With the current Address Coder data, is the tract or blockgroup that is assigned based on Census 2000 or Census 2010 Block and tract numbering?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
LucyGuerra
Esri Contributor
The current release of Address Coder appends the Census 2000 based block, block group, and tract information.

The next release of Address Coder (in 2012) will be updated to append the Census 2010 based codes.
0 Kudos
DenisseLicon
New Contributor
The current release of Address Coder appends the Census 2000 based block, block group, and tract information.

The next release of Address Coder (in 2012) will be updated to append the Census 2010 based codes.

Do you know when in 2012 this will happen?
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
If you are using Address Coder that is licensed with Business Analyst 10 Premium then it is currently slated to be updated Q1 2012.  Roughly March time frame I would think though naturally subject to change.
0 Kudos
MatthewColeman
New Contributor II
Hi guys,

We have currently started using Address Coder 10 for geocoding addresses. We are due to get a flash drive with the updated business analyst data that includes the 2010 census data. We were able to link SQL Server to Address Coder 10. Our question is we currently have the Address Coder set off to go nightly using the following:
"C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Business Analyst\bin\ACoder.exe"

Will we need to change that folder to Desktop 10.0.1 or will it remain 10.0 with the business analyst update?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi guys,

We have currently started using Address Coder 10 for geocoding addresses. We are due to get a flash drive with the updated business analyst data that includes the 2010 census data. We were able to link SQL Server to Address Coder 10. Our question is we currently have the Address Coder set off to go nightly using the following:
"C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Business Analyst\bin\ACoder.exe"

Will we need to change that folder to Desktop 10.0.1 or will it remain 10.0 with the business analyst update?

Thanks

Matthew,

I wouldn't anticipate it changing but I will double check for BA10.1 2011.  For sure in the Business Analyst 10.0 2011 data update it is in the same location.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Matthew,

I was able to confirm that there is no change on the locations of the ACoder.exe in Business Analyst 10.1 2011 data update release so you should be good to go.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
MatthewColeman
New Contributor II
Hi Jason,

One more question. My coworker wanted to know this for the business analyst update. "Will the version stay the same as well? Will it stay "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Business Analyst\bin\ACoder.exe", or will it change to a different version. I see where it was confirmed that the location didn't change but was there also a verification that the version won't change?"

Thanks,
Matt
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Jason,

One more question. My coworker wanted to know this for the business analyst update. "Will the version stay the same as well? Will it stay "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Business Analyst\bin\ACoder.exe", or will it change to a different version. I see where it was confirmed that the location didn't change but was there also a verification that the version won't change?"

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew,

Naturally the build number will be different.  The current 10.0 released version is #10.  The 10.1 version build number is not finalized yet but it will be in the 30s.  Is there a specific concern your coworker has?

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos