Polyline match to another polyline's geometry only

08-21-2013 04:09 AM
ClintKeating1
New Contributor
I am trying to figure out a way to edit one polyline's geometry to match that of another quickly. A copy and paste cant be used because there is a trigger in SDE for unique IDs each time feature is created. So, the attributes must stay exactly as they were only modifying the vertices to match those of the "Correct" polyline / alignment. Those vertices never match in quantity or location. Has anyone found a method or tool to do this?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
I am trying to figure out a way to edit one polyline's geometry to match that of another quickly. A copy and paste cant be used because there is a trigger in SDE for unique IDs each time feature is created. So, the attributes must stay exactly as they were only modifying the vertices to match those of the "Correct" polyline / alignment. Those vertices never match in quantity or location. Has anyone found a method or tool to do this?

Enable the Spatial Adjustment toolbar and use the Attribute Transfer Tool.  Set up the Transfer mapping to only alter geometry.  Works only in an edit session.  See the help here for 10.1.  Earlier versions had the tools under different toolbars, so I need to know your version to get you to the right info. Please provide that when making help requests as it saves time.
0 Kudos
aaron2020
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
aaron2020
New Contributor II

2022: Replace Sketch may also work: 5aCNMyEh2FkpAz8c

0 Kudos