Spatial Index error creating new feature classes in Oracle 11g r2 ArcSDE 10 sp5

Jump to solution
12-20-2012 07:14 AM
PaulBrandt
New Contributor III
I am getting this error when I try and create a feature class (with the SDO_GEOMETRY GEOMETRY_STORAGE type) through ArcCatalog:

Underlying DBMS error [ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-13249: internal error in Spatial index: [mdidxrbd]
ORA-13249: Error in Spatial index: index build failed
ORA-13249: Error in R-tree: [mdrcrtscrt]
ORA-13231: failed to create index table [MDRT_17395$] during R-tree creation
ORA-13249: Stmt-Execute Failure: CREATE TABLE "EGISTDEV".MDRT_17395$ (NODE_ID NUMBER, NODE_LEVEL NUMBER, INFO BLOB)  LOB (INFO) STORE AS (NOCACHE)  PCTFREE 2     
ORA-29400: data cartridge error
ORA-01950: no priv(MDSYS.SPATIAL_INDEX)::MDSYS.SPATIAL_INDEX)]

I have tried many different ways of creating the feature class, but all recieve this error:
ArcCatalog|New|Feature Class
ArcCatalog|Copy (from FileGeodatabase)|Paste
ArcToolbox|DataManagement|FeatureClass|Create Feature Class tool
ArcCatalog|ExportXMLWorkspaceDocument (from FileGeodatabase)|ImportXMLWorkspaceDocument

There is another FeatureDataset in my SDE geodatabase with the same projection information, that allows me to create feature classes, but the new FeatureDataset gives me this error every time. (These two FeatureDatasets were created with two different user schemas.)

My next test was going to be to create a second geodatabase within the Oracle Database to see if that gives me any different results. (Although I don't know that this is a solution to my problem, as I would like to have a single geodatabase if I can get it figured out.)

Thank you in advance for any thoughts as to possible solutions.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TravisVal
New Contributor III
I think ORA-01950 is a tablespace privilege issue.  I would look into tablespace quotas. If you want, you can grant unlimited tablespace to your user and see if the error goes away.  Try:

GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO <userName>;

Travis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
0 Kudos
PaulBrandt
New Contributor III
Hi asrujit,
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately this didn't fix my problem. I am new to Oracle so it is highly probable that I am doing wrong.

I had these privileges granted through a database role, but went ahead and granted them directly to the user. I am still getting the same error.

The really odd thing here is I can copy the CREATE TABLE statement reported in the error, and run it just fine through SQL Developer, but I have a feeling the CREATE TABLE statement provided in the error probably isn't the one that is actually causing the entire error.

In SQL Server I can run SQL Profiler to see the SQL statements, and stored procedures ArcCatalog is issuing in the database. Are there system views or a free tool like this for Oracle?

Thank you again in advance for any help you can provide.

Paul
0 Kudos
TravisVal
New Contributor III
I think ORA-01950 is a tablespace privilege issue.  I would look into tablespace quotas. If you want, you can grant unlimited tablespace to your user and see if the error goes away.  Try:

GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO <userName>;

Travis
0 Kudos
PaulBrandt
New Contributor III
Thank you tval. Granting the unlimited tablespace fixed the problem.
0 Kudos