Does My University Have ArcGIS?

07-07-2022 03:39 AM
GeriMiller
Esri Regular Contributor
2 4 768

One of the more common questions we get from students, faculty and staff is how to get access to ArcGIS at their institution – questions such as the below:

• I am a faculty at X university and would like to introduce ArcGIS – how do I get access?
  • I am a student and I’d like to use ArcGIS for my class/project – how do I get it at my institution?

We would like to be able to point them to an authoritative website to get started with. 

A while back we started a project to compile authoritative ArcGIS access websites for all institutions with institution agreements, which could serve as a self-service resource for such inquiries. The process for compiling this information was time-consuming and prone to error. It resulted in this Does My University Have ArcGIS application, which is heavily utilized, but we could use help providing accurate information for your institution.  

That said, our ask is – could you please help us update this application with the most appropriate ArcGIS access website for your campus? This will help everyone by minimizing inquiries, and ensuring students, faculty and staff have the most updated information.

To do so, please visit this Update the ArcGIS access website for your institution application, identify your university, and check if a website is listed.

• If a website is listed, please ensure it is correct.
  • If a website is not listed, or if the wrong website is listed, please update the “ArcGIS Access Website” URL.
  • Note: The main application Does My University Have ArcGIS will not get updated immediately.

Furthermore, we’ve discussed the importance of having a good ArcGIS access website for your institution, which could save significant time and resources, as it enables self-service and minimizes the number of inquiries to you. We have seen a range of websites designed to provide this information. Please refer to the blog above with recommendations of main items to include in a website, such as techology available, services/support and learning resources, along with examplary websites to provide ideas on how to improve your existing website.

4 Comments