PSS SINCAL Conversion Tool

02-28-2023 03:19 PM
MarkShibuta
New Contributor III

Hi there,

We have deployed several planning and simulation tools in the organisation for the planning engineers which are being actively used. Of recent there has been an interest in having a direct data export option from the GIS database for use in PSS Sincal simulation software. Has anyone here accomplished this?

4 Replies
MarkShibuta
New Contributor III
  • The data is on a Geometric Network(Transitioning to UN is ongoing ~70%).
  • The planning and analisys work is forcused at both distribution and transmission however the bias is to distribution as this is the network we operate.
  • Yes, the planning engineers account for both.
  • SCADA, CRM
0 Kudos
BrianBerube_GIS
Esri Contributor

Apologies, I had a technical issue--reposting my initial questions below: 

While I have not heard of any specific accomplishments on this myself, as a Solution
Engineer, I would like to understand more about your needs/requirements as a customer
for integrating GIS data into your PSS SINCAL simulation software.
More specifically:
Is your network data in a geometric network or have you moved to the utility
network?
Is the planning and analysis work focused on Transmission, Distribution, or both?
Are you accounting for behind-the-meter DER's, grid-scale DERs, or both?
Besides GIS, what other data are you integrating into PSS SINCAL (MDM, SCADA,
CRM etc.)?

Thank you for your response!

0 Kudos
MarkShibuta
New Contributor III
  • The data is on a Geometric Network(Transitioning to UN is ongoing ~70%).
  • The planning and analisys work is forcused at both distribution and transmission however the bias is to distribution as this is the network we operate.
  • Yes, the planning engineers account for both.
  • SCADA, CRM
0 Kudos
FinnHoffmann
New Contributor

Hi Mark,

I just stumbled over this thread and I assume that this is exactly what you are looking for: https://references.siemens.com/reference/?id=36063

We at Siemens partner with Esri to bring GIS data as seamlessly as possible into our products, e.g., PSS SINCAL. Regardless if you are still on Geometric Network or already upgraded to Utility Network. 

Feel free to reach out either here on the community page or shoot me an email: finn.hoffmann-linhard@siemens.com

0 Kudos