New Geoportal Server Version?

12-19-2011 11:38 AM
KristenWobbe
Occasional Contributor II
Geoportal Team:
Do you anticipate a new release of Geoportal Server anytime soon (newer than v1.1.1), e.g. for use with ArcGIS 10.1? 

Thanks,
...~Kris
0 Kudos
6 Replies
KristenWobbe
We're starting to plan for beta-testing a Geoportal instance in ArcGIS Server 10.1, and wondering about a new version release of the Geoportal Server? I've been hunting for information and ran across your "June2011_OCM_Inventory_EsriGeoportal_Hogeweg.pdf." As one source of information , it contained news of a projected "Development Plan: Geoportal Version 2.0":
- ArcGIS Portal Integration
- ebRIM, Feature Data Dictionary, Feature Catalog support
- Simplify installation/upgrade
- Enhanced WMTS, SOS, WPS support
- OAI-PMH, Z39.50, and GeoSPARQL
- Complete Wiki documentation
- Upgrades to new underlying API
Do you have any hints to share for guidance on beta-testing Geoportal with 10.1? It looks like we will be testing v1.1.1 with 10.1 if there is no news on the horizon.
Thanks,...~k
0 Kudos
MarkPeacey
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
KristenWobbe
Thanks for the info Mark!
0 Kudos
AlexandreHirzel
New Contributor III
I have ArcGis Desktop 10.1 beta installed and I have downloaded the v 1.2 of the geoportal. However, when trying to install the geoportal publish client, I receive the message "No ArcGIS Desktop 10 or later found" message and the install process is stopped.

Any pointer about this issue?
0 Kudos
MarkPeacey
New Contributor III
I have ArcGis Desktop 10.1 beta installed and I have downloaded the v 1.2 of the geoportal. However, when trying to install the geoportal publish client, I receive the message "No ArcGIS Desktop 10 or later found" message and the install process is stopped.

Any pointer about this issue?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/geoportal/forums/forum/1096643/topic/4899200?message=10956475 - this link would suggest they will be porting the desktop add-ins for 10.1 but haven't done so yet.
0 Kudos
KristenWobbe
Geoportal Team:
Do you anticipate a new release of Geoportal Server anytime soon (newer than v1.1.1), e.g. for use with ArcGIS 10.1? 

Thanks,
...~Kris

New Question, do you anticipate a new release of Geoportal Server anytime soon (newer than v1.2), for use with the official release of ArcGIS 10.1? I heard somewhere there would be a newer one and since ArcGIS Server 10.1 is now on the download site, there is still time to find out if a new release of Geoportal is on the way?
Anxious to hear your reply!
...~Kris
0 Kudos