{"error":"no handler found for uri [/metadata/item/_search?from=0&size=10&sort=title.sort%3Aasc] and method [GET]"}

Jump to solution
06-08-2022 07:27 AM
YinShi
by
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

When setting up Geoportal 2.6.5 with ElasticSearch 8.1.3 on a Windows 10 VM, I followed the installation steps outlined here: 

https://github.com/Esri/geoportal-server-catalog/wiki/Installing-Geoportal-Server-2.6.5

When I tried to start Geoportal in a browser, I got the following error

YinShi_0-1654697832786.png

The exact error message was 

{"error":"no handler found for uri [/metadata/item/_search?from=0&size=10&sort=title.sort%3Aasc] and method [GET]"}

I then disabled security for Elastic Search which was on the same VM, as well added Simple Security Manager for Geoportal. I still had the same error. 

I checked ES log and there was nothing logged. The latest entries in Geoportal log indicated communcation was good between GeoPortal and ES 

2022-06-08 09:47:09,162 DEBUG [com.esri.geoportal.lib.elastic.ElasticContextHttp] - Checking index: metadata

2022-06-08 09:47:09,472 INFO [com.esri.geoportal.lib.elastic.ElasticContextHttp] - Elasticsearch version: 8.1.3

Would anyone has any  suggestions for me to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,
yin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YinShi
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for the API link Marten. It turns out that GeoPortal 2.6.5 would not work with Elastic Search 8.1.3 even when I disabled security in ES. I uninstalled 8.1.3 and reinstalled 7.9.3 ES. And the error I mentioned earlier was not there anymore. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Marten
by
Occasional Contributor

hi. The error message indicates that there is no handler for the GET request you submitted. when using this particular API, you will need to use HTTP POST. 

you can also use this API: /metadata/search, which supports both HTTP GET and POST.

The API you used is provided as a convenience and it is a direct proxy to the elasticsearch API. The API I recommend allows for the same searches (including elasticsearch query syntax).

To test this and other Geoportal Server API, please check out: 

https://gpt.geocloud.com/geoportal_api/#/rest/searchUsingGet

0 Kudos
YinShi
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for the API link Marten. It turns out that GeoPortal 2.6.5 would not work with Elastic Search 8.1.3 even when I disabled security in ES. I uninstalled 8.1.3 and reinstalled 7.9.3 ES. And the error I mentioned earlier was not there anymore. 

0 Kudos