Getting to Know WEB GIS 5th edition, section 2.5 Create a story tutorial

Jump to solution
07-30-2023 12:29 PM
MVMiller66
New Contributor

When 'samples chapter2 owner:gtkwebgis5' is searched (as specified in step 2 of section 2.5 Create a story of Getting to Know WEB GIS 5th edition), there are no items found meeting this criteria.  How do I access the web scene referenced in the tutorial?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I just checked and the two items showed up for me. You might be searching within your organization which is the default. Try turning off the toggle that is mentioned in step 3. Your organization's name will be different than the book's screenshot and ithe latest version of ArcGIS Online has a slightly different look, but it will be on the left-hand side and should be findable. Once you turn that off, the items should appear.

Let me know if that works for you,

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I just checked and the two items showed up for me. You might be searching within your organization which is the default. Try turning off the toggle that is mentioned in step 3. Your organization's name will be different than the book's screenshot and ithe latest version of ArcGIS Online has a slightly different look, but it will be on the left-hand side and should be findable. Once you turn that off, the items should appear.

Let me know if that works for you,

Craig

0 Kudos
MichaelBarbee
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue, and it seems to be at least partially interface-related. There isn't a toggle button, and the instructions don't address which tab to search under (My Content, My Favorites, My Groups, My Organization, or Living Atlas). Additionally, the material being searched for doesn't appear in any of these locations. 

MichaelBarbee_0-1693607783124.png

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael,

For this step, click the magnifying glass in the top navigation bar.

Search.png

Let me know if that works for you. I'll make a note to make this instruction more clear.

MichaelBarbee
New Contributor

Ahhh, of course. User error =]

0 Kudos