ESRI Academy Courses Review without Starting Over

02-08-2024 11:33 AM
Labels (2)
TracyMoy
New Contributor III

Currently there appears to be no way to go review ESRI Academy course content without staring the course over. These courses have great content and often provide information that is helpful when trying to find supporting documents on an ESRI product. 

With that in mind, there seems to always be something I would like to review, but I really don't want to run back through the entire course, just to look back at one thing.

Please consider an option to review completed course content without having to start over.

4 Replies
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tracy, thank you for this feedback. You make a good point, and I've shared this with our team for consideration.

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi again, Tracy. Our team pointed out that if you have multiple ArcGIS accounts, you may have accidentally started/continued the course at different times using different accounts. You might try signing in with a different ArcGIS account to see if you can access all portions of the course—because our web course design does support this (once completed, you should be able to launch the course and see any of the content). When you see the Start Over button, it may be that you're signed in with the account that didn't complete the course.

0 Kudos
TracyMoy
New Contributor III

Thank you Suzanne-Boden. I am logged into an account that I've had for the last 25 years. I am looking at a completed course that gives the completed date and the certificate download option. When I click on the course title link, the only option I have is to start over. I do not see anywhere on the page to re-open the course to review the content. I added a screen shot of the completed course when I click the hyperlink to re-open. Am I missing an option here on how to re-open and see completed content?

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tracy, I spoke with our team again and they shared this:

"Many government agencies have blocks on their browsers. The issue does not stop them from launching the course, but it blocks our ability to capture and record the user's progress in the course.  We have also found this to be more of a problem if they are using IE instead of FireFox or Chrome. Switching browsers may also help, but not guaranteed."

If this seems like something that may impact you, we suggest you try accessing the course again using Chrome or Firefox. And we do show that you have two ArcGIS accounts. If you'd like to know the username on the second account, email me at sboden@esri.com.

I hope this information is helpful, let us know if you're able to access the course and navigate freely through it.

0 Kudos