Training Certificate Management

Jump to solution
02-15-2022 12:41 PM
ChrissyRothgeb
New Contributor III

One aspect of Esri that our faculty members have used for years is that of the training certification programs under Esri Academy. There are some amazing courses offered, and many faculty members require their entire class to complete numerous certificates each semester. And while I am able to see which account has completed which course, it provides no other utility.

Specifically, a couple options I would love to see are:

• Allow the admin to download a certificate for an account
  • Allow the admin to transfer or export a certificate to another account

The rationale for these requests is thus - if we were to use Esri Access for our ArcGIS Online organization accounts, any certificates earned would belong to the organization account. When our students graduate, those certificates would be locked to their organization account, and would be unavailable to them shortly after graduation. Thus, it would be helpful if I could transfer their certificate to an Esri Public account of their choice, or at a minimum download the certificate for them.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, yes, there is a solution, which is: 1) the ArcGIS Online organization administrator should not disable Esri access when they remove the member from the organization. 2) The individual can then transfer their training history (which includes certificates) from the ArcGIS Online organizational account to an ArcGIS public account. They can contact GIStraining@esri.com for assistance with this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimJohnston5
New Contributor III

I agree.  It is a problem that ESRI training certificates are tied to organization accounts.

0 Kudos
KCro15
by
New Contributor

@ChrissyRothgeb @TimJohnston5  

Are there any solutions to this? I recently completed a course and did not receive my cert because it's tied to my org account which I cannot access unless I'm in enrolled in a course.

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, yes, there is a solution, which is: 1) the ArcGIS Online organization administrator should not disable Esri access when they remove the member from the organization. 2) The individual can then transfer their training history (which includes certificates) from the ArcGIS Online organizational account to an ArcGIS public account. They can contact GIStraining@esri.com for assistance with this.