Could Not load file or assembly 'Esri.FileGDBAPI.DLL or one of its dependencies. The specific module could not be found.

Jump to solution
04-14-2015 05:34 AM
GaneshmoorthiM
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to build  asp.net web application and using File GDB API 1.4 to get feature values from FGDB.

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 with SP1 and C#; Windows 7 operating system.

I downloaded FileGDBAPI for VS2010 1.4.   I made a reference to the dll.  But when I run the application, I'm getting the error, "Could not load assembly "Esri.FileGDBAPI.dll".

Can you please tell me how to load the Esri.FileGDBAPI.dll to asp.net application.  I have tried with Copying dlls & lib in bin folder and create system variable path. But no luck.. (Plz find the attached sample code and error message)

I agree the sample application works fine in console. But in ASP.net app we are getting the error after adding FGDB API Dll refernce.

I really appreciate your assistance on this issue.

Regards,

Ganesh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

No, this is not an FGDBAPI bug.  Esri has no control over how operating systems interact with third-party applications.  You'll likely need assistance from the web application folks, since that's where the problem lies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo

Please delete the massive upload from your post.  There is no reason to ever include binaries in a coding question. A recursive directory listing would have sufficed.

A search on "Could not load assembly Esri.FileGDBAPI.dll" returns a number of threads, for which the issue was often failure to place the correct DLL (matching in application word size) in a location which would be found by the application (e.g. in the same location as the binary). 

Since your description did not mention application word size, it's quite possible you have a mis-match on application word size (32-bit library with a 64-bit app or vice versa).

- V

0 Kudos
GaneshmoorthiM
New Contributor III

Hi V,

Thanks for the reply and support.

I am using 32 bit dlls and also set the solution platform to x86.

I have also tried with 64 bitl dll and set the solution platform to X64.

The application build successfully without any error and warning message. But when i try to run, i am getting the same runtime error (Could Not load file or assembly 'Esri.FileGDBAPI.DLL or one of its dependencies. The specific module could not be found.).

I have tried all workaround provided in the (Geonet) threads... But still no luck...Still it is throwing the same error. Having doubt, Is it bug?. Because the thread which was posted by others also not resolved/Marked as answered.

Regards,

Ganesh

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo

No, this is not an FGDBAPI bug.  Esri has no control over how operating systems interact with third-party applications.  You'll likely need assistance from the web application folks, since that's where the problem lies.

0 Kudos