Issue calculating absolute difference of a attribute value between adjacent polygons and assigning to shared polyline boundary.

Jump to solution
06-01-2023 09:18 PM
JDawwg
by
New Contributor II
Hi everyone. I need some help with a GIS task!

I have a layer of geology polygons each with various attributes such as chemical reactivity and rheology. The polygons (single layer) are separated by a single polyline boundary derived from the polygons. I need to calculate the absolute difference between like attributes  (i.e., rheology, chemical reactivity) across the polyline and assign these values to a field associated with the polyline. The point of this is to map the contacts of highest reactivity and/or rheology contrasts. This needs to be calculated across all contacts between polygons in the layer, not just those in the image below.

Has anyone done this before, or have a potential solution? This is an approach used in prospectivity modelling. I have tried various methods and come up short of a answer.
Screenshot 2023-06-02 121219.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JDawwg
by
New Contributor II

Just some other points on this. Step 3 is not necessary, whereas when completing step 4, the 'keep relationships' box must be checked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JDawwg
by
New Contributor II

Just some other points on this. Step 3 is not necessary, whereas when completing step 4, the 'keep relationships' box must be checked.

0 Kudos
arcgispro2021
New Contributor

Thank you so much for gis assignment help i would like to inquire which software can i use ibn prospectivity modelling. 

0 Kudos