Maplex Not Functional although licensed as 10.1

08-17-2011 06:46 AM
RichardBaker
New Contributor III
Maplex does not function in 10.1 even though authorized and licensed. It seems to be installed but all tools grayed out.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
I too have the issue with everything Maplex being grayed out. I didn't enter an authorization code or check that I wanted an evaluation but I was under the impression it was being included in 10.1 for all license levels.  Perhaps I was misinformed.  I tried enabling Maplex in 10.0 and it wouldn't let me do that at all so something has changed with 10.1
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
LorenMuehlius
New Contributor III
Josh,
I did send it as a bug (AGISDTEX10.1-000009, this is under the arcGIS extensions bug list) and the esri folks have fixed it for future betas.
0 Kudos
LoralynClark
New Contributor II
It is working for me. I did enter an authorization code and checked off that I wanted Maplex as part of the evaluation. I checked the Maplex extention, turned on the labeling toolbar and chose the "Use Maplex Label Engine" and all appears to be working fine. I am using Windows 7.
0 Kudos
LeslieZolman1
New Contributor III
I just installed ArcMap Advanced and entered authorization codes for all the extensions.  However, Maplex was not listed in the extensions so I was unable to authorize it.  How do I get Maplex authorized and working??
0 Kudos
LorenMuehlius
New Contributor III
Leslie,

If you have Beta 2 of 10.1, I found that you can just go to the labeling toolbar, click the Labeling button and then select, Use Maplex Engine. I guess they took Maplex out of the Extensions since it now works on all the products.
You can make Maplex the label engine by default by going to Customize|ArcMap Options, click the Data View tab and then select Maplex Label Engine under Label Engine.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos