Creating a list from the Variable Data Type for Model Builder

Jump to solution
09-08-2023 09:52 AM
VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to create a variable that would allow staff to pick from a list. If this value is picked, then this next set of actions will occur.

I see that you can create a Table of Values in the variable Data Type window, but I can't seem to find much documentation on how to actually configure this in ArcPro. I found some very old discussion threads for this in ArcMap, but?? 

Can anyone point me in the right direction or help me understand how to create the list? 

Thank you in advance,

Vanessa

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is done by creating a string variable (no table of values required), right clicking the variable to be a parameter, and then going to the model properties dialog to set a filter of allowed values.

Setting a filter of keywords on a ModelBuilder string parameterSetting a filter of keywords on a ModelBuilder string parameter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is done by creating a string variable (no table of values required), right clicking the variable to be a parameter, and then going to the model properties dialog to set a filter of allowed values.

Setting a filter of keywords on a ModelBuilder string parameterSetting a filter of keywords on a ModelBuilder string parameter

VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

This makes so much more sense! thank you. I will give it a try and post back if I have further questions. I appreciate the reply!

0 Kudos