3D Elevation rendering issues

01-05-2024 01:40 PM
AnonymousUser23
New Contributor III

We are experiencing some issues with how the tiles are rendered in runtime. We see this in iOS and in ArcGIS earth testing. Where depending on angle/zoom we get areas not rendering. The elevation source has no compression and is set as ground. It is packaged through a MSPK. The lines are "on the ground" with a cartographic offset. 

Are there any packaging setting or runtime code to force more consistent rendering? 

We also see elevation surface rendering issues on the edge. Because the elevation surface does not render square like it does in Pro, we have to have a 1500 meter buffer of our elevation surface to combat this draping or we will see the raster drape. Curious if there were ways to improve the elevation surface settings or runtime settings to render betterUntitled.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KoushikHajra
Esri Contributor

Hello @AnonymousUser23 

Thank you for reaching out to us with your issues. I have a couple of questions for you.

- Is your graphic rendering mode static?

- What version of the sdk are you using? Is it the 100.x series? 

The reason I ask those is because from the first video, it appears that the rendering issue is related to static rendering. We've seen refresh issues with static rendering mode especially in 3D. If you can share your data, we could take a look to see exactly what can be done to improve on it. 

If you are using static rendering, is it possible to change it to dymamic and see if it helps? 

The terrain draping issue you mentioned has been fixed in 200.x series. That is why I was asking the version question. Are you able to try it out with 200.x if you are on 100.x? If you are on 200.x, then again, sharing the data would help us look into it to see how we can improve on it. 

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have more questions.

Regards,

Koushik

0 Kudos
AnonymousUser23
New Contributor III

@KoushikHajra , We are on 100.15. I will play with dynamic rendering to test the inconsistent tiles. Thank you!

0 Kudos