How to load web map and its layers on Xamarin iOS.

Jump to solution
10-04-2023 03:19 AM
YashvitNaik
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm working on an iOS application and I'm using the (Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.15.1) Nuget Package. I have the Web Map ID and I'm looking to load the web map. Could someone kindly guide me on how to accomplish this?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Check out this sample: Open map URL | ArcGIS Runtime API for .NET | ArcGIS Developers

If you're not tied to Xamarin and v100.15, I recommend taking a look at .NET MAUI for iOS and  v200.2 where we renamed the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs to ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Native Apps: ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET | ArcGIS Developers.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Check out this sample: Open map URL | ArcGIS Runtime API for .NET | ArcGIS Developers

If you're not tied to Xamarin and v100.15, I recommend taking a look at .NET MAUI for iOS and  v200.2 where we renamed the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs to ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Native Apps: ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET | ArcGIS Developers.

Thanks 

JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

@YashvitNaik   I would agree with Michael and if you are starting something new look at MAUI.  I think you can use with the Core 8 preview.

Xamarin is basically already out of support by Microsoft.  At this point they are not showing any indication of releasing an official Xamarin.iOS library to support XCode 15.  The latest official Xamarin.iOS library only support XCode 14 which targets iOS <= 16.x.  As iOS 17 is already out, Xamarin no longer supports the latest iOS devices or ones that have been updated.

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos