Submitting Encryption Compliance with Apple

Jump to solution
10-24-2023 11:11 AM
rhughes522
New Contributor III

I've built a .net MAUI application that uses the esri Maps sdk for .net.  It's my first time creating an app for the AppStore and Apple requested encryption compliance for encryption used in 3rd party libraries.  I've got no idea whether I need to submit compliance for encryption esri uses for Authentication and offline data.  

Does anyone here know whether we should be prepared to submit encryption compliance for esri's sdk? 

It is proprietary encryption?

Does anyone have any tips on where I can look to find these answers? 

I am probably going to request Developer Support from Apple since it's code level support, but I thought I would reach out to the esri developer community first and see if there are any answers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello.

The 200.x ArcGIS Native SDKs for Native Apps (and 100.x ArcGIS Runtime SDKs) do not include any form of encryption; you don't need to submit any export compliance documentation because of the SDKs.

Hope that helps.

I'll see if we can include this information in the deployment pages. It doesn't come up often but I think it's a reasonable question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello.

The 200.x ArcGIS Native SDKs for Native Apps (and 100.x ArcGIS Runtime SDKs) do not include any form of encryption; you don't need to submit any export compliance documentation because of the SDKs.

Hope that helps.

I'll see if we can include this information in the deployment pages. It doesn't come up often but I think it's a reasonable question.