arcpy result is renamed when added to ArcGIS Pro, stop xml output in working directory

11-08-2023 01:21 PM
GerryGabrisch
Occasional Contributor III

I have a Python script that executes a reclassification without issue.  I can see in my output directory the file I create (called tanaka.tif).  When I add these data to an ArcGIS Pro v3 project the file is listed in the contents pane as Reclass_tanakat1.tif.  This is annoying.  When I am in the Catalog pane and view the files properties I see no reference to or an alias for Reclass_tanakat1.tif.  This also happens with a resulting hillshade.  I get HillSha_tanaka.tif in the Pro contents when the file is named tanakaHS.tif in the directory.

I see that there is no reference to these file names using gdal.Info() but I can see them in some resulting xml files that are exported by arcpy.  I suppose the is the result of my missery.  I do not need or want these outputs.  How do I stop arcpy from outputting xml, tfw, CPG, dbf files.  I only need the resulting geoTiff!

This post suggests that setting log history to false will prevent xml create but this is not true as the xml are still being created with the linked code added to the script.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/arcpy/functions/setloghistory.htm

0 Kudos
0 Replies