Attribute Assistant Prompt Problem

Jump to solution
08-23-2013 08:07 AM
AmandaDonegan
New Contributor
Hello,

I am currently updating to the latest and greatest Attribute Assistant that includes the columns "on change geo" and "on change Attribute" in the Dynamic table. The problem I'm having is with Prompts. I have set up all Prompts to "on create" only, but when I edit an existing feature it will trigger Prompts for any field that the existing feature doesnt have populated (<Null>'s). So the prompt is set to "on create" yet it will promp existing features if I touch them, even with all other Dynamic table fields set to false. Is this supposed work that way? I would like the prompts to only trigger "on create" as they did in the slightly older download. Any ideas? I've included a sample of my Dynamic table for review. Thank you!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26918[/ATTACH]

I was troubleshooting with different scenarios and found out that this prompt problem has something to do with the "Run Create Rules for Selected Feratures" when I've I've used it prior to editing other existing features. I open my mxd and start editing, if I want to edit an existing feature, no prompts are triggered (the way it should be). Then, if I select a feature and run the "Run Create Rules..." button it'll run the rules as planned, but after that if I edit another existing feature, the same "on create" rules apply like I clicked the "Run Create Rules..." button again though I didn't. the only way to stop this process is to shut down my mxd. Does this "Run Create Rules" button act as a toggle-on/off?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonMuise
New Contributor III
Amanda & Jay,

I looked into this a bit further and found that this is a known issue with the 10.1 Attribute Assistant. It has been resolved with the 10.2 release.

-Allison M

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AllisonMuise
New Contributor III
Hi Amanda,

Could you post the contents of the log file?

Thanks,
Allison M
0 Kudos
JayCarpenter
New Contributor
I posted about the same problem.  Hope someone can help because AttAssist can be a great tool if reliable.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/91511-Problem-with-Attribute-Assistant
0 Kudos
AllisonMuise
New Contributor III
Amanda & Jay,

I looked into this a bit further and found that this is a known issue with the 10.1 Attribute Assistant. It has been resolved with the 10.2 release.

-Allison M
0 Kudos
JayCarpenter
New Contributor
Amanda & Jay,

-Allison M

Allison,

Can the Attribute Assistant Add-on released with 10.2 be installed with 10.1 desktop?
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Jay,
   We tested the 10.2 add in on 10.1 and it does not work.  We are evaluating pushing the 10.2 add in back to 10.1.
0 Kudos