Generate IDs for existing features in the LocGov model...

Jump to solution
07-20-2012 07:06 AM
Labels (1)
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II
I have an existing Address Point layer that I loaded into the Site Address Point layer.  I would like to Generate IDs using the Attribute Assistent.  When watching the Address Management video, it looks like the only way Site IDs can be created are when new Site Address points are created.  Is there a way to batch populate SiteAddressIDs to existing points using the Attribute Assistant tools, DynamicValue and GenerateID tables?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenCarrier
Occasional Contributor III
I have not used the Address Manager piece yet, but in the Network Infrastructure Editing template, there was 3 fields in the DV table. ONCREATE, ONCHANGE, MANUAL.

In your case for those features which did not get an ID generated you could set the GENERATE_ID value method to MANUAL=true.

Then manually go in and select the parcels without an id and run the manual button.

The code to the best of my knowledge was not written for large batch operations, so you might have to do it in chunks.

If you do not see the aforementioned fields in your DV table, check out the Network Infrastructure Editing template and you will see the tools and fields I am referring to.

We had to do something similar at a previous job when the tools were not installed properly on a person's machine who was doing editing and these fields were left blank.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KenCarrier
Occasional Contributor III
I have not used the Address Manager piece yet, but in the Network Infrastructure Editing template, there was 3 fields in the DV table. ONCREATE, ONCHANGE, MANUAL.

In your case for those features which did not get an ID generated you could set the GENERATE_ID value method to MANUAL=true.

Then manually go in and select the parcels without an id and run the manual button.

The code to the best of my knowledge was not written for large batch operations, so you might have to do it in chunks.

If you do not see the aforementioned fields in your DV table, check out the Network Infrastructure Editing template and you will see the tools and fields I am referring to.

We had to do something similar at a previous job when the tools were not installed properly on a person's machine who was doing editing and these fields were left blank.
0 Kudos
GIS-Cambria
If you're using SQL/SDE there are a few ways to set IDs using SSMS (Microsoft SQL) and tsql. This could populate your existing data and then you can use the editing tools to continue from that point, perhaps?
0 Kudos
AdamCottrell

Thanks Ken!  This is want I ended up doing.  An additional note... Remeber to set this back to "ONCREATE" if you want new ones to be genereated on new features.
0 Kudos