Sign inventory Collection with the Local Government Information Model

Jump to solution
09-14-2012 11:21 AM
Labels (1)
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor
I am trying to set up a data collection system based on the LGIM to inventory street signs.  I am not sure how the sign_attach table was intended to be used. From what I am able to gather, a feature is collected in the pole FC then an entry is put in the sign table and the sign_attach table is used to relate the two together.  Is that right? It seems unnecessary.  Or do I have it completely wrong?  Can some one help?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
You collect the spatial information for the pole since you could have many signs in exactly the same place.  The sign information is held in the sign table which you will need to build a relationship class between that and the pole.  I based mine off the object id field.  The attachment table is for storing pictures of the signs themselves.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
You collect the spatial information for the pole since you could have many signs in exactly the same place.  The sign information is held in the sign table which you will need to build a relationship class between that and the pole.  I based mine off the object id field.  The attachment table is for storing pictures of the signs themselves.
0 Kudos
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor
Thanks that makes more sense.
0 Kudos