Updating a field when another is changed using Attribute Assistant

07-31-2013 06:26 AM
BillTen_Broeck
New Contributor
I have gotten the Address Data Management addin working for the most part. But i would like to be able to override the address as calculated by the tool. In our db table there are 2 fields FULLADDR and ADDRNUM. What I'd like is for the user to be able to change the ADDRNUM value and have it cascade over to the complete address field - FULLADDR.

I looked at FIELD_TRIGGER, but it looks like it's looking for a specific value in a field to trigger it. What I need is ANY value being entered into the ADDRNUM to trigger the update. Is this possible with FIELD_TRIGGER? Or possibly some other method?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChadChurchill
New Contributor II

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm looking to do the same thing: trigger the change with ANY value (wildcard?)

0 Kudos
LuciHawkins
Occasional Contributor III

Have you tried using "Expression" ? 

ArcGIS for Local Government 10.2  - link to Attribute Assistant help

Thanks,

Luci

0 Kudos
CharlineAvey1
New Contributor II

I'm working with a state wide master street guide and need to have the trigger get a streetname only when the zipcode also matches.  I have added the zipcode to the master street guide for this purpose.  The cascading edit when a master street name is changed needs to work this way also.

Any Ideas

0 Kudos