X-ray Error

Jump to solution
10-15-2012 09:42 AM
PatriciaMoehring
Occasional Contributor
Trying to export xml of one dataset and getting error -- "XML Export Datasets Error: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System._ComObject' to interfacet type 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Catalog.IGxObject'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{BDBBB3EB-D0B2-11D1-AED9-080009EC734B}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

I don't know what this means or why it isn't working. Seems like I'm doing exactly what Steve is doing in the video?

Any ideas?
36 Replies
OvidioRivero
New Contributor III

I looked on the Datasets spreadsheet for HypsographyPnt and I don't see what you are describing.   It has a DefaultValue of  100355.  Is this defined again somewhere else?

Thanks,

Ovidio

0 Kudos
SteveGrise
New Contributor III

Search lower down in the subtypes area.

Steve

0 Kudos
OvidioRivero
New Contributor III

Steve,

The DefaultValue for the subtype  has the code in the subtypes area too. It is still giving me the error. I am able to open the xml as spreadheets in GDB Xray but I cannot import my changes to a gdb anymore.  When I try it I get the attached.

Capture.PNG

Ovidio

0 Kudos
SteveGrise
New Contributor III

Ok, I gave you the wrong name. It is the HGGroupLocationSrf feature class. Look in cell E118. The basic issue is a type mismatch in the value for the Subtype default value that doesn't match the field definition.

I noticed in some others that the FCSubtype default value in this area conflicts with the feature class default. I'm not sure if that might cause some issues in ArcMap.

0 Kudos
OvidioRivero
New Contributor III

Got it, 

I noticed that this morning and fixed it, and it is still bumming out when trying to import.   The Validate tool reports no errors, only style warnings about  field names  too long  to export to shapefiles. 

I went and looked at all the default subtype values and that was the only one I could find with  a text.  Maybe there is another field that should be integer but has a text value instead?

Thanks,  I will keep looking.

Ovidio

0 Kudos
SteveGrise
New Contributor III

I typically delete half of the spreadsheets, save with a new name, then try

to import. In this case I trimmed off the first dozen or so and isolated

that one of the H feature classes was the issue.

For me everything except the H's worked, so I'm surprised to see another

error.

The validation checks for many issues but not every possible error.

0 Kudos
OvidioRivero
New Contributor III

Steve,

Thanks for your advice. I haven't fixed it yet but I am down to only 3 feature classes that give me problems: SettlementSrf, StructureSRF, and StructurePnt.

The problem now does not seem to be the subtype.  I am looking now at the default values for every field to see if some thing similar is happening.    I am assuming the error is, like in the case before,  because its trying to coerce a text  value into a numeric field. Do you have other suggestions other ways of troubleshooting these last feature classes?

Thanks,

Ovidio

0 Kudos
SteveGrise
New Contributor III

I used the 'Import Using Geoprocessing' tool. I had the database set up

with the domains already so it just had to add the feature classes. This

will take longer to run but tells you exactly what the error is.

On Settlement_Srf it failed:

ZA340_LGF_GRP* are integer fields with default 'No Information' on cell

e186. Needs to be changed in many places.

F_CODE - AL022_PPLX default value is too long and I think should be AL022,

had to fix this in the corresponding domain too.

On StructurePnt the HD320* fields are integers but the default values are

'No Information'

I ran out of time to check the last feature class tonight.

0 Kudos
SteveGrise
New Contributor III

StructureSrf had a similar issue to StructurePnt. The HD320* fields are integers but the default values are strings. Also I noticed the fields were Integer length 5 instead of 4 so changed that since it will likely be a problem.

I attached an updated spreadsheet for those 3 feature classes that loaded for me using Import Using Geoprocessing and regular Xml Workspace Import.

0 Kudos
OvidioRivero
New Contributor III

Got it to work!  Thank you!

When I saw your message yesterday I had SettlementSrf, in already. I used your spreadsheet to double-check what I was doing to get the last two in.  Thanks again. I had used this tool before but never had these many problems with it  and this showed me some ways to troubleshoot it I did not know before.

Ovidio

0 Kudos