Will not georectify

Jump to solution
02-17-2016 09:59 AM
JillWilliams
New Contributor II

I have put the georeferenced control points onto my target layer (scanned image in jpg format), the Total RMS Error is 0.813546 with four links. It is linked to an ortho raster image.  BUT, it will not let me rectify. In the save as dialog, I leave alone the cell size, noData as, the resample type (nearest neighbor).  When I try to enter the output location, it cannot be entered. No matter what kind of folder I try to save it in, it tells me that 'object not found' and I cannot change the show of type.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Jill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Output Location option, you should select a basic folder / Geodatabase and click ADD. Do not enter any FileName in it.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have 4 points, but you specify what order of rectification you are using, I am wondering if is a simple as not enough points for the type chosen

Fundamentals of georeferencing a raster dataset—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

JillWilliams
New Contributor II

It is a 1st order polynomial and it did not help adding more points.

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

To expand on what Dan Patterson pointed out, from the link he posted:

The number of the noncorrelated control points required for this method must be 1 for a zero-order shift, 3 for a first order affine, 6 for a second order, and 10 for a third order.

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Output Location option, you should select a basic folder / Geodatabase and click ADD. Do not enter any FileName in it.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JillWilliams
New Contributor II

Thanks for your suggestion.  I was trying to save it in my geodatabase folders, instead of regular folders. Once I was putting the output files in a regular folder, I could then choose the type of image file to save, and it worked.