Internet explorer script error when using Spatial Autocorrelation of Arctoolbox

Jump to solution
04-06-2012 09:38 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: daegunmin

Hello,
When I use Spatial Autocorrelation (Morans I) of Arctoolbox, following errors are found and "Internet explorer script error" and "module use of python25.dll conflicts with this version of python arcgis". So, I updated python26 instead of python 25, however "script error" is still found and another error was disappeared. I can't select files after ignoring the script error. I thought the problem is related python scripting error. Please help me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13309[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13308[/ATTACH]

Kay,
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraSieg
Esri Contributor
This has the symptoms of an invalid Python installation. Uninstall all versions of Python on the system, remove any remaining Python installation files on disk, then run a repair of ArcGIS Desktop. That should install the 2.6 version of Python that is supplied with ArcGIS Desktop, which is needed for running script tools in ArcToolbox.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BarbaraSieg
Esri Contributor
This has the symptoms of an invalid Python installation. Uninstall all versions of Python on the system, remove any remaining Python installation files on disk, then run a repair of ArcGIS Desktop. That should install the 2.6 version of Python that is supplied with ArcGIS Desktop, which is needed for running script tools in ArcToolbox.
0 Kudos