FAQ on the Agenda App

07-15-2015 07:31 PM
KarenRichardson
Occasional Contributor III
1 3 1,723

You have had a lot of questions about the Esri Events Mobile and Web Apps, so we put together this FAQ for you. You can find a pdf of this FAQ here. For more information on the agenda, and where to download the app, go here

Do you have a question that we haven't answered? Please let us know by commenting. We will be answering questions before and during the conference.

1. How do I log in?

Please make sure that you have the latest version of the iOS and Android apps.

The login credentials are the same as your Esri Account.

app log in.jpg

2. There are a lot of sessions; how do I find the ones that interest me?

Once you select the "User Conference" from the list of events, use the search within the Agenda section of the app to look up sessions by keyword or title.

3. How do I use My Schedule/My Planner?

Once logged in, your personalized schedule will be available across devices. In order to syncing to work, please ensure that you are logged in on all your devices (web and native apps). The time to sync ranges from instantaneous to a couple of minutes.

4. How do I download a paper version?

A downloadable version can be found here*:

http://www.esri.com/uc15pocketagenda

*Please note that the agenda is subject to change.

3 Comments
FrankCardone2
New Contributor

i cant seem to find the part that tells us if a session being offered during multiple times, and what the other times are.  Anyone know where this feature appears in the app?

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Unfortunately, I don't think they had a chance to add that into the apps (I suggested it a feature we would like to have).  The only place I have found this infomation is in the "detailed agenda" online.

Agenda | 2015 Esri User Conference

MichaelNorelli
New Contributor II

Not all events at the conference are able to be added to My Schedule.  I have to make a personal event on My Schedule for things like 6:30am yoga, the Padres v Giants baseball game, and even the GeoDev Meetup and the hours for the Software Applications Fair. 

Okay, but..

None of those events made on my mobile device show up on the desktop web version of My Schedule! Terrifying initially, but not I understand why.

This app would be great if the function I'm getting to add my own events actually wrote those events to whatever server is giving me results on the web.

Also..

How about a setting to lock the User Conference in as default so I don't have to choose it each time?

And..

The time selector is pretty, but clunky.  Next time, I'm hoping that at least the event's end time defaults to starting with a time equal to or after the start time.

More goodies and tips at Dean Chiang's Blog