Error in DEM Reconditioning in Arc hydro 10

Jump to solution
10-04-2012 11:53 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: souris_boo

Hi!
I just installed Arc Hydro for ArcGis 10 and i receive this error in processing DEM Reconditioning

"Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component"

Help please

Natalie
0 Kudos
40 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I contacted support Arc hydro and my problem was that I did not have the OBJECTID field in my feature class.
I added it and now everything works fine. They will correct the problem.

Natalie
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
I did not have the OBJECTID field in my feature class.

Interesting. Which feature class was missing the OBJECTID? Agreestream?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is imperative that the data is in a geodatabase

the feature class was a river shapefile.

not more complicated than that

Natalie
0 Kudos
D_D_
by
New Contributor II
MBoucher21, I have the same error that kimcarlson posted... What might be the case? Using just tutorial data for ArcHydro 2.
ArcGIS 10.1, latest ArcHydro for 10.1 from the ftp
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MBoucher21

MBoucher21, I have the same error that kimcarlson posted... What might be the case? Using just tutorial data for ArcHydro 2.
ArcGIS 10.1, latest ArcHydro for 10.1 from the ftp

I'm not sure what is going wrong with kimcarlson's project. I searched the error kimcarlson posted and found this in Desktop Help:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00vq00000002010024.htm

The DEMs I use are floating point and I've move the polyline layer I used for agreestream for burning the streams into a geodatabase. I don't get this error.
0 Kudos
D_D_
by
New Contributor II
so, I watched ArcCatalog results and it is 2 types of errors based on the input data that I used:
1) When I put river.shp from the .gdb it gives me this error:
Executing: DEMReconditioning "C:\Users\<msg>0;Start Time: Wed Oct 24 12:39:00 2012
Making buffer constant grid ..
Making smooth constant grid ..
Making sharp constant grid ..
ERROR 010024: Error during conversion.
Failed to execute (DEMReconditioning).
Failed at Wed Oct 24 12:39:01 2012 (Elapsed Time: 1,00 seconds)
Failed at Wed Oct 24 12:39:01 2012 (Elapsed Time: 1,00 seconds)

2) When I put river.shp from the folder I get this:
Executing: DEMReconditioning "C:\Users\<msg>0;Start Time: Wed Oct 24 14:36:19 2012
<msg>2;Failed to execute (DEMReconditioning).
Failed at Wed Oct 24 14:36:19 2012 (Elapsed Time: 0,00 seconds)
Failed at Wed Oct 24 14:36:19 2012 (Elapsed Time: 0,00 seconds)

Наve been trying different output locations and file extensions, but it doen`t help.
win7 x64
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Yury_Korobochkin

Hi!
I have just installed  ArcGis 10.1
and installed Arc Hydro for ArcGis 10.1
Every time I try to run  DEM Manipulation || DEM Reconditioning  I get  " ERROR  010024 :error during conversion".
In spite of everything was  done  in accordance with Tutorials, I get this error message.
Maybe anybody could help me...
I would be very greatful.

Yury
0 Kudos
D_D_
by
New Contributor II
After I updated Arcgis Desktop 10.1 to SP1 I get new type of error in DEM reconditioning Tool:
Executing: DEMReconditioning elev_cm.tif NHDFlowline 5 10 1000 C:\Users\<msg>0;Start Time: Wed Oct 31 17:45:10 2012
ERROR 000816: The tool is not valid.
Failed at Wed Oct 31 17:45:10 2012 (Elapsed Time: 0,00 seconds)
Failed at Wed Oct 31 17:45:10 2012 (Elapsed Time: 0,00 seconds)

000816 : The tool is not valid
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MBoucher21

I see you are using a tif. I've never started with a tif, so I don't know if using a tif works with the Arc Hydro tools. Converting the tif to an official raster may solve the problem. However, I converted my raster to a tif and the tif worked with DEM Reconditioning. I'm no expert on raster/tif issues with Spatial Analyst, but maybe the error lies in that.
0 Kudos
D_D_
by
New Contributor II
It`s a .tif from the Tutorial Data for ArcHydro 2.0 (ftp://RiverHydraulics@ftp.esri.com/ArcHydro/Data/Tutorial/2.0/) and it`s a step of Arc Hydro Tools 2.0 - Tutorial.pdf (ftp://RiverHydraulics@ftp.esri.com/ArcHydro/Doc/ArcHydro2_0/). In this tutorial the data is in the AIG format, but it doesn`t matter in my case. If it seems not to work with the tutorial data I definitely wouldn`t expect this program to work with the real data...
Spatial Analyst works perfectly!
0 Kudos