eSearch Searching Query

Jump to solution
01-05-2017 04:53 PM
RodWoodfordOld
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I have a particular app that is using the eSearch widget and have had a request to configure on startup that the BY VALUE and BY SHAPE search functions start with different Map Service URLs. Basically operators will conduct a textual search using the BY VALUE option to gather results for URL1, with the map zooming in and then by clicking on the highlighted zoomed to property gather results from the second URL. Is this possible to configure?

example

BY VALUE configured to search on URL expression 1

BY SHAPE configured to search on URL expression 2

cheers 

0 Kudos
17 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

OK do this then. Same thing at the very end of the _initLayerSelect function:

setTimeout(lang.hitch(this, function(){
  this.selectLayerGraphical.set('value', 2);
}), 500);
0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Hi Robert,

Yes that appears to have resolved the issue. I will do a couple of tests next week and mark answered if OK.

Cheers

Rod

RodWoodfordOld

Hi Robert,

After testing I have found on the very first time the operator does a search it doesn't work. But if they select the CLEAR FIELD button in the BY VALUE display it does work every time after that as it changes the BY SHAPE dropdown to the correct search option. If this can be resolved then that should be it.

cheers

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

Please zip and attach your Widget.js for me to look at.

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Hi Robert,

File attached.

cheers

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

Are you sure you sent me the updated Widget.js? If so then I do not see the last change (setTimeout) that you were suppose to add to the _initLayerSelect function.

RodWoodfordOld

Hi Robert,

Sorry for that. I made the change via remote login and it didn't save for some reason. Now I'm back in the office I have added the (setTimeout) to the widget.js file and the app works nicely. Thank you for the help.

Quick one, will all your widgets work with WABD 2.3?

cheers

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yes.

Don't forget to mark this as answered.