ListView config for related tables

Jump to solution
04-09-2018 08:25 AM
EricMorris1
New Contributor II

I have the ListView widget working in a web map with a layer in my Portal. I can select the layer and see all the layer's fields in the dropdowns for "thumbnail" and "title". Does anyone know how I can configure the widget to allow these dropdowns to include fields in a related table as well?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricMorris1
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert...I'll give it try!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

The ability to use related data fields is not part of this widget as you know. Adding related fields would be a lot of code changes to the widget, as right now the fields that are listed come from the FeatureLayer and then the chosen field (configured field) is used in the layer.queryFeatures which would have to change to a relationshipQuery based on it be a related field (which means logic has to be added to determine which fields are coming from a relate). Bottom line it is could be done but would require a lot of work.

0 Kudos
EricMorris1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Robert. I was hoping someone out there has already gone through this, and is willing to share it.

0 Kudos
EricMorris1
New Contributor II

Robert,

I have decided to try restructuring the data so there are no relationships. I now have the ListView widget working well with the restructured layer and it is displaying linked thumbnails for me as well. The problem is, this layer represents photo points and there are going to be a large number of them. It isn't reasonable to ask users to scroll through thousands of thumbnails to find what they are looking for. I need a way to filter the displayed list of features. I have the Query widget setup to allow the user to easily find the features they are looking for. Is there an easy way to pass those results from the Query widget to the ListView widget? 

Thanks in advance,

Eric

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

Here is the ListView with filtering added:

EricMorris1
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert...I'll give it try!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
EricMorris1
New Contributor II

It works and is a good starting point for what am attempting to accomplish. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos